GK: WILD LIFE WEEK CELEBRATIONS CONCLUDE AT DELHI NATIONAL ZOOLOGICAL PARK
On 8th October 2018, the national program of Wild Life Week concluded at the National Zoological Park in New Delhi. Wildlife Week is celebrated all over the country in the month of October from 2nd to 8th October every year with the view to preserve the fauna means the animal life of the India.
- Wildlife Week is observed every year from October 2. Wildlife Week is celebrated since 1952.
- Minister of State of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Mahesh Sharma addressed the event.
iii. He also inaugurated a bio-methanation plant under an MoU between Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) and Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. The capacity of plant will be 3 Metric Tonnes per day.
- He also planted a sapling in the premises of National Zoological Park. He performed a cleanliness drive under Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan along with children.
- To make people more aware of the conservation and protection of the wild life.
- To focus the people’s attention towards the importance of conservation of the wild life.
- To implement more services to preserve the wild life.
- To discuss all the issues related to the preservation of the wild life.
- The theme of 2015 was “Living with Wildlife”.
- The theme of 2016 was “the future of wildlife is in our hands”.
- The theme of 2017 was “Listen to the young voices”.
- The theme of 2018 is “Big cats – predators under threat”.
About Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC):
♦ Director – Mr. Kamlesh Nilkanth Vyas
♦ Headquarters – Mumbai