International Convention on Homoeopathy day
CONVENTION ON WORLD HOMEOPATHY DAY
What’s in news?
A two day convention is being organised on 9-10th April 2019 by the Central Council for Research in Homeopathy (CCRH), an autonomous research organisation, Ministry of AYUSH on the occasion of the World Homeopathy Day.
- With an aim to recognise exemplary work in Homeopathy, AYUSH awards relating to Homeopathy for Life Time Achievement, Best Teacher, Young Scientist and Best Research paper will be conferred on this occasion.
- On the occasion 24 students were awarded scholarships under the “Short Term Studentship in Homeopathy (STSH)” and four students for ‘Quality MD Dissertation in Homeopathy’.
- MOU’s were signed with two more PG Homoeopathic Colleges with an effort to link education with research. The vision behind the agreement would be to provide impetus to research infrastructure, which, in turn further orient the students towards research.
Concerned Key area:
- There is an imminent need to focus on improving the quality of education and enhancing the success rate of an average practitioner.
- There is also a need to ensure the production and availability of high quality homeopathic drugs in the market.
World Homeopathy Day:
- 10 April is celebrated as ‘World Homeopathy Day’ all over the world, annually.
- The World Homeopathy Day is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy, Dr Christian Fredrich Samuel Hahnemann.
- Samuel Hahnemann, a German physician, a great scholar, linguist and an acclaimed scientist, is known as the Father of Homeopathy, Father of Human Pharmacology, Father of Nano Medicine and the Father of Infinite Dilution concept in Chemistry.
- Hahnemann and his scientific aptitude helped him to discover a healing system of Homeopathy based on infallible laws of nature.
- The week following the birth date of Hahnemann, that is, 10 April- 16 April is observed as the “World Homeopathic Awareness Week”.
Central Council for Research In Homeopathy (CCRH):
- The council organises the scientific convention on the World Homeopathy Day to pay tributes to Dr. Hahnemann on his birth anniversary.
- The Council’s research activities have yielded reassuring results and carved out a future roadmap for the scientists working in the field of Homeopathy.
- The council has so far accomplished over 168 clinical researches, 40 basic researches, standardization studies of 348 drugs, proving of 112 drugs and clinical verification of 106 drugs.
- The council also undertook studies on 5 epidemic diseases such as dengue, malaria, chikungunya, influenza-like illness and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES).
- The council initiated the Short Term Studentship in Homeopathy (STSH) Program with the vision to inculcate research aptitude among homeopathic undergraduates.