GK: INDIAN NAVY’S DEEP SUBMERGENCE RESCUE VESSEL (DSRV)
The Indian Navy has inducted a Submarine Rescue System with a Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel (DSRV) along with associated equipment.
Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel (DSRV)
- The Indian DSRV has the capability to rescue personnel from a distressed submarine (DISSUB) up to a depth of 650 m and it is the latest in terms of technology and capabilities.
- It has been designed and supplied to meet unique requirements of our submarines by M/s James Fishes Defence, UK.
- This System has a Side Scan Sonar for locating the position of the submarine in distress at sea.
- It will be providing immediate relief by way of posting Emergency Life Support Containers with the help of Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) for the rescue.
- To ensure early mobilization, the System permits rapid transportation of the Rescue System from the base to the exact location of the distressed submarine by transportation using air/land/sea vessels.