IMPORTANT DAYS IN THE MONTH OF APRIL
- 1 April – Prevention of Blindness week; Orissa Day
- 4 April – International Day of Mine awareness – To spread the awareness about the threat caused by landmines to the safety, health and lives of civilian populations and encourages state Governments to develop mine clearing programmes.
- 5th April- National Maritime Day – On this date in 1919 navigation history was created SS Loyalty, the first ship of The Scindia Steam Navigation Company Ltd journeyed to the United Kingdom. It was a Red Letter Day in the account of Indian navigation.
National Dandelion Day – Dandelion leaves are edible, and are savored in soups and salads. It is rich in vitamins A, B, C, and D. Dandelions are used in making wine and for tea, too.
- 6 April to 14 April – Chaitra Navratri – The beginning of the Indian or the Hindu New Year i.e. the first day or Prathama tithi of the Chitra Sudi, consistently.
- 7 April- World Health Day
- 10 April – World Homeopathy Day (WHD) – To pay tribute to the founder and father of Homeopathy system of medicine Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann. The main aim of this day is to spread knowledge about Homeopathic medicine in public health.
- 10 April to 16 April – World Homeopathy Week
- 11 April – National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD); National Pet Day – To create awareness about maternity facilities, lactating women and also for proper heath care given to women.
- 13 April – Jallianwala Bagh Massacre – On this day, British troops under the Command of Gen Dyer fired on a large crowd of unarmed Indians in Amritsar in Punjab of India. Several hundred peoples were killed and many hundreds were wounded.
- 14 April- R. Ambedkar Remembrance Day / Ambedkar Jayanti or Bhim Jayanti – This day celebrates the birthday of Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar, an Indian politician and social rights activist.
Baisakhi festival – A harvest festival by the large farming community in the states of Punjab and Haryana.
- 15 April – World Arts Day
- 15 April to 21 April – Bihu festival – One of the most important festivals in April, is characterized by celebrations of a lot of events, and people sitting together to reap the benefits of their hard work
- 16 April – National Stress Awareness Day – To increase public awareness of the causes and cures of stress.
- 17 April – World Haemophilia Day – To increase awareness about haemophilia disease and other inherited bleeding disorders.
- 18 April- World Heritage Day – To preserve the human heritage and recognise the efforts of all the relevant organisations in the field.
- 21 April – National Civil Service Day – To rededicate and to recommit themselves to the cause of the people.
- 22 April- World Earth Day – To mark the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970. To increase awareness about the importance of the planet.
- 23 April – World Book and Copyright Day – To promote the enjoyment of books and reading.
- 24 April – National Panchayati Raj Day – On this day Constitution came into force with effect from 24 April, 1993. In 2010 the first National Panchayati Raj Day was celebrated.
- 25 April – World Malaria Day – To raise awareness about the disease malaria, how to control it and how to eradicate it completely.
- 26 April – World Intellectual Property Day – To raise awareness how patents, copyright, trademarks and designs impact on daily life.
- 28 April – World Day for Safety and Health at Work – To improve occupational safety, health and looks for continuing these efforts through several changes like technology, demographics, climate change etc.
- International Astronomy Day
- 28 April – World Veterinary Day – To raise awareness in the public about the important roles veterinarians plays.
- 30 April – Ayushman Bharat Diwas – It is a programme of the Government of India to provide the underprivileged and economically backward people access to government as well as private healthcare facilities.
April month is also known for following;
- National Humor Month
- International Guitar Month
- Lawn and Garden Month
- National Kite Month
- National Poetry Month
- National Pecan Month
- National Welding Month
- Records and Information Management Month
- Stress Awareness Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Week of the April month is known for;
- Week 1 Library Week, Read a Road Map Week.
- Week 2 Garden Week
- Week 3 Organize Your Files Week, Medical Labs Week
- Week 4 Administrative Assistants Week, National Karaoke Week