GK: GLOBAL AGRICULTURE LEADERSHIP SUMMIT 2018
On October 25, 2018, the 2-day 11th Global Agriculture Summit 2018 concluded in New Delhi.
It aimed to provide the platform towards facilitating farmers connect with the technologies, markets, industry, institutions and the Governmental programs.
- The Global Summit and Award ceremony was organized by Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) with support of Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Ministry of Food Processing Industriesand Ministry of Commerce.
- It was inaugurated by Secretary Agriculture and Co-operation, Sanjay Agrawal.
- The theme of the summit was: ‘Connecting Farmers to Market’.
- It was convened by:
- M J Khan, Chairman, ICFA,
- Alok Sinha, Director General, ICFA,
- C P Shoran, Executive Director, ICA.
- The chairman of the summit was: M. S. Swaminathan, Architect of India’s Green Revolution.
- M.S. Swaminathan was presented with first World Agriculture Prize by Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu.It is instituted by the Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) at a special session, named Swaminathan Global Dialogue on Climate Change and Food Security.
- Along with the summit, the presentation of 11th Global Leadership Awardsand the launch of Agriculture Year Book 2018 was also done.
The institution of the Agriculture Leadership Awards was done in 2008 and is given annually in different categories to individuals and organizations for outstanding contributions in their respective fields.
The National Awards Committee is headed by the world renowned agriculture scientist, Prof. MS Swaminathan, with twenty six persons of national eminence as its members.
The awardees are as follows:
|Life Time Achievement Award for 2018
||Padamsree Dr. KH Gharda
|International Leadership Award
||Prof. Rudy Rabbinge, Special Envoy – Food Security, Government of Netherlands
|Research Leadership Award
||National Research Development Corporation
|Policy Leadership Award
||Shri N. Chandrababu Naidu, CM of Andhra Pradesh
|Academic Leadership Award
||Indian Institute of Management,Ahmedabad
|Best Fisheries State Award
||State of Jharkhand
|Best Animal Husbandry State Award
||State of Bihar
|Best Horticulture State Award
||State of Nagaland
|Best Agriculture State Award
||State of Gujarat
|Program Leadership Award
||The State Horticulture Mission, Govt. of Haryana
Headquarters: New Delhi.