GK: BRITISH COUNCIL, ARUNACHAL PRADESH SIGNED MOU
On October 28, 2018, the British Council and the Arunachal Pradesh government inked an MoU to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation between the state and the UK at Tawang in the sidelines of the Tawang Festival.
1. Itwas signed, in presence of CM Pema Khandu, by:
- British Council Director Alan Gemmell and
- Arunachal Pradesh Higher and Technical Education Director Dr Tayek Talom.
2. According to the MOU:
- 70 Years of relationship between the 2 will be celebrated,
- 50f aculty members from government higher education institutions of the state would be trained by the British Council every year, starting in December 2018,
- Further,50students of higher and technical education institutes would be trained annually by the British Council in english language skills,
- Developing capacity-building initiatives in the state,
- Supporting improvements in the teaching of mathematics and science.
3. Of the 50 faculty members:
- 30 would be from government colleges,
- 10 from government polytechnic institutes,
- 8 from central institutions established in the state and
- 2 from officers of the higher education administration.
It recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the North Eastern Council (NEC), to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation in all eight states of the region.
♦ Chief Minister: Pema Khandu.
♦ Governor: B.D. Mishra.
♦ Capital: Itanagar.
♦ National Parks: Namdapha National Park, Mouling National Park.